Hand hygiene should be practised. Again and again to maintain a high standard.
Unfortunately, experience shows that we are never quite as good at maintaining a high level of hand hygiene as we think.
Although we are constantly reminded that we must be thorough with washing and disinfecting our hands, it is not enough.
When our hygiene is poor, we move dirt around and, in the worst case, we contribute to the spread of an infection.
- With the hand training monitor and the use of fluorescent agent, you’ll get a clear look of how the agent has been distributed.
See the demonstration video here
We can make a difference if we know how.
Training of hand hygiene raises the level significantly
Get a quote on a training box and lotion with fluorescent agent for your needs. It is also possible to rent a box for hand hygiene training – get in touch with us.
- Add 1-2 pump of the fluorescent hand sanitizer/soap/lotion and distribute it like you would in a normal thorough hand disinfection.
- Place your hands in the cabinet for inspection. The entire surface of your hands should show a even layer of flourescent agent. Repeat part 1, if necessary, until the entire surface is covered.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, dry them and inspect in the box again. The areas that are still covered with flourescent are not washed sufficiently.
- Learn the best technique for washing your hands below.
- Repeat as needed and inspect for improvements.
Training proper hand hygiene works:
Table shows that practicing hand hygiene works. Test 1 is first training session, Test 5 is after four training sessions and % indicates participants with unsatisfactory results.