Contact Slide is easy to use:
- Unscrew and pull Contact Slide out of the container.
- For surfaces, bend the cap to a 90° angle and press each side, against the surface for 10 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a cotton swab to sample the area and then roll it gently on the Contact Slide. When testing fluid, hold the cap and lower it completely into the test fluid.
- Insert Contact Slide back into the tube and close it tightly. Store at 36°C for 24-48 hours. For yeast detection, the incubation should be extended by an additional 24-48 hours at 25-30° C.
- After the incubation, Contact Slide is examined for bacterial growth and the concentration is determined.
Contact Slide is available in several variants:
- Contact Slide 2: for detection of bacteria, yeast, and mould
- Contact Slide 8: for detection of bacteria and coliform bacteria
- Contact Slide 9: for detection of bacteria with inactivation of disinfectants